Caloundra Lighthouse is a big part of Caloundra’s history, much in the the same way that Freemasonry is closely connected to many of the Sunshine Coast towns. And like a Lighthouse, Freemasonry can prove a light in the darkness to guide travelers and sailors on their journey.

The resurgence in membership of many of the Sunshine Coast lodges has seen a wave of fresh faces and talent grace the temple at Caloundra with this year’s entire team of officers being Master Masons, and with good planning it may be that way for a while.

History:

The first meeting, with the intent of officially forming a Lodge in Caloundra, occurred on the 3rd May, 1945. The Foundation Members, who convened the meeting in the School of Arts Library on Canberra Terrace with the the Dedication of Caloundra Lodge, Number 387, on the Register of the United Grand Lodge of Queensland, being duly constituted and enacted in the School of Arts Hall on the 2nd Feb 1946. Eighty one Lodges were represented with two hundred and seventy five Brethren present at the opening, accompanied by twenty three Grand Lodge Officers. Read More

 

In the Community:

A big part of Freemasonry is the work that we do in the community, often quietly and unnoticed is our way, and all Masons give what they can of their time or financially.  Each Year a charity is nominated by the master of the Lodge and supported by the Brothers. In the year 2014-15 Caloundra Lodge through the hard work of its members donated $6000 to the Careflight Rescue Service.

 

Lodge Meetings:

General meetings held: First Tuesday of each month,excepting January.

Management & Practice Meeting held:

Lodge Tyles at 7pm.

 

Installation:

Date to be Advised

Contact:

Caloundra Lodge Secretary – John Whitehorn 0412 480 617  or click here to e-mail

 

Social Media Links:

Facbook Freemasons

 

 

Location: 

19 Third Avenue. Caloundra 4557

Map: