We admit members from every ethnic group in the world who are valued on their own merits
You should never be coerced or pressured into joining but a Freemason will be required to nominate you. If you do not know any Freemasons to nominate you, simply fill in our Inquiry form to get in contact with a Brother from your closest Lodge.
It is important to note that joining Freemasonry requires a personal commitment of your time. Lodges on the Sunshine Coast generally meet formally once per month, and informally once per month. All members of the Lodge are expected to attend the formal regular monthly meeting.
It is also important to note that the purpose of Freemasonry is
Men find themselves drawn to Freemasonry for many different reasons and everyone gets different things out of their membership and being part of our Fraternity.
- The opportunity to meet outstanding individuals from all walks of life, many generations, and a range of backgrounds, people you may not otherwise have the opportunity to know and to call Brother.
- The opportunity of self-development including public speaking, leadership, training and an enjoyable experience.
- The opportunity to be a part of the wider community, and an active contributor, with Freemasons involved in many charitable and community activities.
- The opportunity to learn about and contribute to, the history of one of the world’s oldest and largest Fraternal organisations on earth.
- Being part of a group where you can seek support as well as give it!
What do I need to become a Freemason?
- You must be no less than 18 years of age and of good standing in the community.
- You must profess a belief in a Supreme Being. Its no one’s business but yours who or what you believe that Supreme Being to be, so long as you believe in one.
- Your decision to join Freemasonry is made freely, without improper inducement by others.